The Road I’m Traveling for showing gratitude or a good attitude (from “if life hands you lemons, make lemonade”)! She explained how she felt both humbled and honored at the same time then passed this nifty award along to 10 others … and I happen to me one of the lucky recipients. She wrote: “Storyteller – You’ve been a wonderful encourager! I love seeing your name appear in my comment sections!” I feel similarly humbled & honored and want to say …Thank YOU Clara!received the Lemonade Award from Page at
Here are the rules:
- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
Choosing specific recipients is always a challenge for me because I’ve made so many ‘virtual friends’ and enjoy so many blogs … so I’m breaking the rules to share this with anyone who believes THEY make LEMONADE from lemons.
That said … I do like to introduce my friends to one another and since this is a new blog I’ve decided to highlight a few friends … just because. Each of the women listed below has impressed me in a different way. They’re listed in no particular order, some may already be recipients, and all truly deserve the Lemonade Award for having a great attitude.
- Yertle of Smile, Play, Dream – is a ‘working mom’ of two young boys who nurtures herself & others by sharing her journey honestly, expressing her gratitude for the many simple blessings in her life, offering motivational ideas on Mondays and visiting ‘bloggy friends’ whenever time permits … participating in ‘memes’ when they strike her fancy & sharing link-love generously.
- Joyce of Mom’s Musings lives a very busy life. Another working mom (and grandmother too), her attitude is always upbeat & cheerful, and her posts are thoughtful & uplifting. She leaves wonderfully supportive, encouraging comments on the blogs of others and always responds with friendly emails to those who comment on her blog. Her joy in the Lord shines consistently.
- Lisa of Lisa’s Chaos takes and shares the most wonderful photographs on her blog. Seeing the world through her eyes uplifts my spirit, enhances my appreciation of nature, and motivates me to look more closely at everything & take photographs differently.
- Sandy of Momisodes creates & shares entertaining and thought-provoking pieces regularly. She writes from her heart, knows how to tell a story to draw readers in … and shares photographs with a quirky originality, sense of perspective, & clever titles or captions. Along with a handful of other ‘virtual friends’ … she provided the support & encouragement I needed early on to make me into the (slightly obsessed) dedicated blogger I am today.
- Mama Zen at the Zen of Motherhood writes with a wry sense of humor about her life with Baby Puppy and Daddy Zen, displays a quick wit & succinct style of writing I envy, expresses her point of view on a variety of subjects and publishes book reviews too. The comments she leaves when she visits always make me smile.
- Karen at Journey to Authenticity has been a wonderful friend & encourager from the beginning. We met at a Writer’s Retreat for Women at the Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico during the summer of 2007 and each started blogging a few months later. She’s the only ‘blogger’ I’ve ever met in ‘real’ life! Busily raising a young son with special needs, Karen’s blog presents a delightful mix of photographs, anecdotes about daily life and memories, entertaining stories, and an honest exploration of her life as a wife, mom, and aspiring novelist.
- Sandee at Comedy Plus consistently makes me smile and often laugh aloud with what she shares on her blog. She has many friends in this virtual world, I see her upbeat, supportive, and encouraging comments all over the Blogosphere. Sandee shares awards generously on her blog (methinks this might have been one) and is quick to participate in ‘memes & quizzes’ when they strike her fancy. I’m always surprised when she finds my posts so quickly … often before I’ve finished ‘refining’ them ;–)
- Raven at View from Raven’s Nest shares wonderful photographs, well-written stories, lovely poetry, and expresses her opinion eloquently on a wide variety of topics when she feels passionately about it. She’s the creator of Saturday’s Wordzlle Challenge and although I don’t participate, I do enjoy reading when others do.
- Sylvia From Over the Hill may not realize that she’s responsible (at least in part) for this fledgling WordPress blog. When she lost control of her original blog (I’d add the link but my computer won’t load Google Reader for me to find it right now) she didn’t skip a beat but moved on and created this new one … publishing prolifically on a variety of subjects demonstrating passion & creativity along with a delightful sense of humor and a knack for photography. I responded by quickly learning how to back up my blogs on Blogger and here at WordPress too … then decided to ‘experiment’ with this new blog as a way to learn how things work.
- Tammy of Mom Knows Everything & A Little Girl Talk generously helped me with some ‘technical issues’ when I experienced difficulties creating original ‘headers’ for my first two blogs. She publishes daily on both blogs … shares her creative handiwork & photos of her children in the midst of their daily life … and frequently visits others leaving comments often.
So, if you want to read some uplifting blogs – those that promote an attitude of gratitude – check these out! You can also click on the links in my sidebar here and/or at Blog Rolls, Bling, & Blurbs for more bloggy friends I like to visit … many are deserving of this award too and I hope they’ll ‘snag’ it to enjoy and share with others.
Other ‘holiday related links of interest:
Christmas Fun & a Quiz
SnowGlobe Fun & NORAD Tracks Santa (with games & activities for kids of all ages)
Holiday Fun (12 Days)- A Musical Revival of Sorts
Carol of the Bells – Straight No Chaser
A Doggie Guaranteed to Make you Laugh!
Thought for Today – “A wise man does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” Epictetus