Photo Hunt & Color Carnival are in the next post
South Breeze Farm hosted the Giving Thanks Challenge and I participated at Small Reflections in November of 2008 and decided to continue indefinitely … generating the following list one day at a time throughout the month of August. I’ve decided to transfer the lists at the end of each month from Small Reflections to Happily Retired Gal … just because. Click to see previous lists already published here.
1. Molly got to play with canine fur-friends at Camp Ilene while I drove a friend up to her house in Lake Arrowhead so she could take care of business related to the sale of the place now that she’s moved back to the beach.
2. the hot, dry, windy weather is predicted to end early next week and we’ve got a chance for drizzles … finally.
3. my sister called last night from the road … outside of Boise, Idaho and we were able to catch up with one another in a long chat on the cell phone.
4. the weather has cooled off considerably today.
5. I’ve finally managed to sort out the data in Quicken after multiple computer crashes messed thing up.
6. to have made it through last night’s Digital Media class on my own (since my friend ‘C’ is on the road with her husband) without getting totally lost even though it’s been months since the previous DM class … a HUGE relief actually.
7. to catch up with my friend ‘C’ (currently RV traveling in Michigan) on the cell phone today … almost as if she was in town.
8. for my sister’s photos from the road ;–)
9. the smell (and taste) of coffee (laced with half & half) in the mornings.
10. for a chance of rain next week … I’m keeping my fingers crossed because it’s been a long time since the ‘wet stuph’ fell in Southern California, but I’m also hoping it won’t cause landslides in the recently burned areas.
11. for the company of fur-friends.
12. we have cool overcast cloudy skies with the promise of rain for the next few days … I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
13. for overnight rain and morning drizzles.
14. we actually got REAL RAIN falling S L O W L Y enough last night & this morning so as not to cause mudslides in burn areas … I captured raindrops on blossoms to share at Happily Retired Gal & rain clouds to share in a T-13 Haiku Friday Sky Watch mosaic today here at Small Reflections.
15. for a full night’s sleep without interruption!
16. for friendly neighbors 😉
17. I was at home when my sister called from the road today. We had a good visit on the phone.
18. for wonderful memories of my brother.
19. for blue skies and lovely weather.
20. my neighbor shared new varieties of plants with me as she modified her own garden … then helped me split & replant my Amaryllis bulbs this morning.
22. to celebrate my 2nd Blogoversary at Small Reflections today!
23. our local library invited Lisa See, author of Shanghai Girls, to give a talk yesterday … it was wonderful!
24. for a long catch up visit on the phone with my sister today.
25. Molly has two Golden Retrievers visiting next door and has gotten to play with them all week.
26. for the new PSE6 techniques I’ve been learning this month.
27. to be getting my hair cut tomorrow 😉
28. I’m able to pay bills online rather than writing individual checks and mailing them as I did once upon a time.
29. for a full-night of uninterrupted sleep!
30. the weather is sunny & clear … ‘buy one, get one free’ breakfast for lunch at Ruby’s on the HB pier was delicious … and my errands are finished so I’m home again this afternoon with time to relax and perhaps visit a few blogs before taking Molly for her afternoon walk.
31. Ms Kitty’s reclusive rather than friendly with strangers … especially at this time of year.
FYI – My previous Gratitude Lists can be found at Happily Retired Gal, my new WordPress site. It is my intention to keep this ‘Daily Gratitude List’ in my sidebar indefinitely because I believe it makes sense to focus on what’s right in our lives regularly. Click for:
2009 Lists – October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February, January
2008 Lists – December, November
Thought for Today
“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’” William A. Ward
Click for comments at the TOP of the post under the title, rather than at the bottom ;–)