South Breeze Farm hosted the Giving Thanks Challenge and I participated at Small Reflections in November of 2008 and decided to continue indefinitely … generating the following list one day at a time throughout the month of August. I’ve decided to transfer the lists at the end of each month from Small Reflections to Happily Retired Gal … just because. Click to see previous lists already published here.
1. for all I’ve learned about blogging … especially HTML codes that allow me to transfer my gratitude lists to Happily Retired Gal more easily these days.
2. I managed to stay awake all the way through my computer class from 6-9pm last night even though I’d been up since 2am.
3. that (with the information I’ve learned in my ‘Fix Your Own Computer’ class) I’ve managed to speed up my old laptop considerably … and hopefully make the newer one more ‘stable’ (crossing my fingers that I won’t get the ‘Blue Screen of Death’ several times a day any more)
4. for a pleasant ‘catch up’ lunch with a good friend and phone chat with my sister who is gradually headed home for the holidays
5. I attended the wonderful Vanguard University Christmas Concert last night at St. Andrew’s church in Newport Beach … what a glorious way to get me in the holiday mood 😉
6. for my many ‘virtual’ friends sharing their thoughts and photographs in the Blogosphere.
7. it’s RAINING … finally 😉
8. there’s a break in the rainy weather so Molly & I can take a long walk together, but more of the ‘wet stuph’ is on the way.
9. I’ll be getting a new perm this afternoon.
10. I’m registered for 3 new Adult School classes in 2010 with a good friend. It’ll be fun to have this regular time to connect twice weekly for the next few months as we learn more about Photoshop and collages.
11. for another day of light drizzily rain.
12. I was able to share Satsuma tangerines from my sister’s tree with friends and attended a Buon Natatle Party last night … catching up with friends I’ve not seen for many years.
13. I finally figured out (with the help of Google) how to change the letter of my 1TB WD ‘My Book’ drive with the Vista OS after one got accidentally changed (wreaking havoc with the PSE6 ‘organizer’) when I installed a new WD Passport drive to back up photos for safety’s sake.
14. I remembered that today’s the 2nd Monday of the month so I didn’t miss catching up with friends at Retired Ladies Lunch 😉
15. that after spending the day successfully backing up my photos on a WD Passport Drive, finally I managed to create and publish my Almost Wordless Outdoor Watery Wednesday post with photos from the Bolsa Chica Wetlands after the Rain before heading to my Fix Your Own Computer class tonight.
16. that I’m able to access the Internet with my ancient laptop while dealing with connectivity issues on the newer one … even though it’s E X T R E M E L Y
S L O W going to access & comment on blogs!
17. that this afternoon I was SUCCESSFUL finally in getting my newer laptop (a Dell running Vista) to access my encrypted wireless network … so I’ll be able to visit blogs more easily again, however I’m leaving for class soon so those visits will need to wait until tomorrow.
18. for all I’ve learned about fixing my own computer in my Adult School class and that I’ve got the rest of the year off for the holidays!
19. My sister and her husband have returned home and we’ll be able to celebrate Christmas together with extended family!
20. for a delightful day spent with my sister yesterday starting with a delicious meal at Z’Tejas (I’ll share photos another day), followed by a long walk (enough to make my feet hurt) with good conversation, late-afternoon coffee at Starbucks, and topped off with a lovely Christmas concert at the OC Performing Arts Center’s Segerstrom Theater.
21. I created my Christmas cards to send to family & friends.
22. after spending more hours than I care to admit trying to make my printer work, I’ve decided to send New Year’s cards this year in order to cut myself some slack and limit stress.
23. for all those who offered suggestions and/or support as I worked on printer issues … as yet unresolved.
24. to spend the day with family in Hemet … celebrating Christmas Eve with my sister, her husband, their two sons (age 30 & 28), my brother’s widow, their youngest son, his wife, their two daughters (age 5 & almost 4), and their son (age 2).
25. that I woke early enough to visit many of my virtual friends leaving Joyous Christmas wishes before taking Molly for a walk then heading to my sister’s house for traditional strawberry waffles.
26. for a good night’s sleep 😉
27. I may be able to get my belated Christmas cards printed with an OLD Photosmart printer if I can get the driver’s installed & functioning on my laptop running Vista.
28. for last night’s holiday gathering at a dear friend’s house providing the opportunity to connect with folks I’ve not seen in a long time & to meet new people.
29. for glorious ocean views & sunsets 😉
30. this entire day of gentle drizzily rain soaking the soil rather than running off down the street.
31. for good heath during 2009 and the many ‘virtual friends’ I’ve encountered in the Blogosphere.
FYI – My previous Gratitude Lists can be found at Happily Retired Gal, my new WordPress site. It is my intention to keep this ‘Daily Gratitude List’ in my sidebar indefinitely because I believe it makes sense to focus on what’s right in our lives regularly. Click for:
2009 Lists – November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February, January
2008 Lists – December, November
Thought for Today
“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’” William A. Ward
Click for comments at the TOP of the post under the title, rather than at the bottom ;–)