Looking at the Sky through the Camera Lens
Even though skies looked
threatening a few mornings …
South Breeze Farm hosted the Giving Thanks Challenge and I participated at Small Reflections in November and decided to continue indefinitely … generating the following list one day at a time throughout the month of APRIL. I’ve decided to transfer the lists at the end of each month from Small Reflections to Happily Retired Gal … just because. Click to see previous lists already published here.
2. a new perm to make my hair ‘care-free’ again ;–)
3. for all I’ve learned about Photoshop Elements … especially making collages with pictures I’ve taken with my Nikon D60.
4. sunshine and blue skies!
5. I managed to sleep in until almost 7 am this morning!
6. my sister & I caught up on the phone today in a wonderful conversation.
7. my brother-in-law posted photos at Picasa so I can follow their travels this time.
8. I have time to water the yard this morning since it didn’t rain after all.9. to have the week off from the evening Word classes for Spring Break
10. the weather’s been beautiful all week long.11. for colorful flowers of all kinds blooming in my yard & around the neighborhood.
12. Molly’s been able to play with a variety of visiting dogs this week.
13. for a pleasant afternoon of visiting a variety of stores with a friend after Retired Ladies Lunch. I’m relieved to have practiced fiscal restraint ;–)
14. for tasty blackened tacos at Duke’s with friends before discovering the Word class was canceled at the last minute.
15. I’ll be at home most of today and may finally be able to spend some time visiting blogs.
16. I managed to get myself to the evening Word 7 class even though I would have rather stayed home.
17. I managed to pull out the Maidenhair Fern crowding out the red roses without mangling my hands and arms on the bushes even though I had no gardening gloves to wear.
18. for time to do more weeding and pruning along with some watering early this morning since there’s 80+ degree weather and no rain in the forecast.19. my Writers Retreat Buddy & I remain in regular telephone contact almost two years after that amazing week in Taos with Suzanne and Jennifer leading 31 participants to explore our writing process.
20. I’m able to use the PSE6 skills from Adult School Classes to create photo collages to share on my blogs.21. I managed to complete several errands and still have time to play with Molly today.
22. for the BEAUTIFUL sunrise this morning and that Molly got to play with a variety of doggy friends while I snapped photos.
23. I’ve been able to talk with my sister on the cell phone a few times this week as they wait to board a ferry to Ketchikan, Alaska on Friday.
24. to catch up (over lunch) with a friend who just relocated to the neighborhood from the nearby mountains.
25. for a full 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night.
26. a long time friend called yesterday afternoon and dropped by to visit for a couple of hours.
27. for the lovely roses blooming in my garden currently.
28. the weather continues to be clear & sunny in Ketchikan, Alaska where my sister and her husband are currently.
29. a friend loaned me a copy of Tom Bergeron’s book, I’M HOSTING AS FAST AS I CAN. Seems like a quick, entertaining read so far.
30. for the many ‘bargains’ at the grocery store this morning!
2009 Lists – March, February, January
2008 Lists – December, November