Sky Watch, Midweek Blues, Yard Art,
Weekend Reflections & my May Gratitude List
others participating in Pink Saturday,
Today’s Flowers, and Macro Monday
others sharing Shadow Shots on Sunday
for others sharing Yard Art
for others sharing Weekend Reflections
South Breeze Farm hosted the Giving Thanks Challenge and I participated at Small Reflections in November of 2008 and decided to continue indefinitely … generating the following list one day at a time throughout the month of August. I’ve decided to transfer the lists at the end of each month from Small Reflections to Happily Retired Gal … just because. Click to see previous lists already published here.
1. I’m glad to have transferred my April Gratitude List to Happily Retired Gal at WordPress this morning along with my post with miscellaneous weekend memes so I can begin my May list this afternoon.2. to have Internet access (with help this morning from Time Warner Cable Tech Support) after my D-Link router failed yesterday leaving me w/o access when I returned home from the ‘Eagles’ matinee performance at the Blue Moon Theatre and dinner at Knott’s Berry Farm.
3. for pleasant ‘gardening’ weather over the last couple of days … making the time pulling weeds, cleaning up my yard, and tilling the soil for new planting all the more enjoyable.
4. my $30 refund check from Staples (for recycling old printer cartridges) arrived in a timely manner to help defray the cost of a new wireless router … the Home Valet Plus from Cisco, an easy to use system.
5. one Gladiola shoot survived ‘doggie play’ and is beginning to produce lovely pink blossoms from the bottom up. I’ll share photos soon.
6. I remembered to celebrate (belatedly) my 500th post at Sacred Ruminations and plan to celebrate my 250th post at Happily Retired Gal tomorrow when I share my Fave Five on Friday (and possibly a few weekend memes) there.
7. for the folks at SimpleTruths.com and the resources they make available … like this brief inspirational video Dreams are Whispers from the Soul …
8. to hear from my sister (after more than a week w/o contact) and catch up on travel adventures in the Southwest …
9. for those who send me occasional emails that remind me of what I know, but tend to forget in the busy day-to-day activities of my life.
10. for the monthly opportunity to connect & catch up with retired friends over lunch today …
11. that I decided to cut myself some slack and skip this session at the local Adult School because it’s given me time to do other things with my mornings.
12. the small market a few blocks from home carries ‘half & half’ so that I can walk to replenish my supply when I run low rather than drive to the supermarket.
13. for the $20 I saved at Petco today (using my card along with coupons) when I stocked up on treats & chews for Molly.
14. to be able to help a friend with email issues by setting up a ‘gmail’ account for her that imports her verizon.net email and replies as if she was actually using the Verizon account without having to put up with its ‘quirks’ … pretty nifty.
15. to have finally found time to create and publish ‘a catch up post’ here at Small Reflections and to share lovely pink gladiola blossoms at Happily Retired Gal (after about a week of non-computer related activities kept me away from this virtual world). I appreciate continued your visits & supportive comments … thanks so much!
16. for delightful phone connections with friends & family during this weekend and a fun visit to a local nursery with a friend during which I picked up a variety of colorful bedding plants for my yard.
17. I saved almost $43 on my grocery shopping bill today using coupons!
18. to have fresh produce and food in the fridge this morning with numerous ‘options’ from which to choose for breakfast😉
19. to get half of the new bedding plants in the ground this afternoon when the drizzles cleared.
20. for a lovely afternoon at the Laguna Playhouse followed by an early dinner at the Beachcomber on the beach in Crystal Cove … an absolutely delightful outing!
21. the remaining bedding plants are in the ground and everything seems to be surviving just fine.
22. that the French Open begins tomorrow so there will be TENNIS to watch for two weeks😉
23. I won those free tickets to the three Pacific Chorale concerts … the 3rd concert is tonight: Rachmaninov Vespers.
24. for my DVR capturing matches so I’ve had TENNIS to watch today.
25. it rained in Paris so I could catch up on yesterday’s matches before the DVR dumped them to record new matches.
26. for a new perm … I love wash & wear ‘care-free- hair!
27. we’ve had warmer sunnier weather here in So Cal at the beach this week.
28. I learned about Google Docs in an Adult School class this morning.
29. the gal at Time Warner Cable ‘tech support’ got the Tennis Channel to work again fairly quickly this morning so I can record matches to watch later on today.
30. my neighbor picked up milk for me & BowWow Beanie toys for Molly at the market today … saving me a trip.
31. for an hour-long ‘catch up’ phone call from my sister who’s currently on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon after spending a week at Lake Powell without cell service.
FYI – My previous Gratitude Lists can be found at Happily Retired Gal, my new WordPress site. It is my intention to keep this ‘Daily Gratitude List’ in my sidebar indefinitely because I believe it makes sense to focus on what’s right in our lives regularly. Click for:
2010 Lists –May, April, March, February, January
2009 Lists – December, November,
October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February, January
2008 Lists – December, November
Click for comments at the TOP of the post under the title, rather than at the bottom ;–)